Can't you see the island?

Can't you see the island?

Sunday, February 2, 2014

Purdue Strong, Packing, and Friends

Ok, this is a bad sign. I haven't even left for Madagascar yet and I fell off the blog-wagon! But to be fair its been a crazy couple of weeks.

I have this awesome post written about my friend Michelle's visit to DC. We went to the Smithsonian and the monuments and I wrote this awesome post about how cool it was to be able to visit parts of our nation's history without even having to travel.

Unfortunately, when I went to publish my post on 1/21/2014 something else focused my attention. There was a shooting at Purdue University and one student was killed. So of course, me being me, I wasn't going to post about my awesome weekend and I decided I had to share my thoughts about the shooting. But after some reflection I decided my opinions had no place in such a tragedy. Click here for a touching letter written by one of the victim's professors.

After an awesome weekend with Michelle in DC and some upsetting news the next week I then got to spend the weekend of 1/27/2014 with two of my best friends Alaina and Rosalie, in San Francisco and Sacramento California. It was awesome, we got to be tourists in San Francisco and then we got to explore Sacramento. I have never spent time in Northern California and  I really liked it, I can't wait to go back for another visit.

And this weekend I am getting to spend time with two of my awesome cousins! Rachel and Whitney and I have gotten to spend the weekend hanging out, having fun, and packing for Africa. I'm also really lucky that they were here because they were able to help me go through all my clothes and pick out everything that I am going to take with me. Thank goodness they were here because I would never have been able to cut down on all the items I want to take without their brutal honesty.

Since it is getting so close to the time I am going to leave I will try to post a couple more times in the next week. I hope you all had a good January and the start to our shortest month is good.

All the Best,
Chloe

1 comment:

  1. Aloha Chloe - your mom sent us your blog and we are excited to hear about your adventures (when you get electricity). You will be in our thoughts and prayers. We know you will be doing great things for the people of Madagascar ! Aloha from Bruce and Laura Fink

    ReplyDelete