Can't you see the island?

Can't you see the island?

Monday, February 10, 2014

Off to Africa!

My adventure truly begins

As I write this I am getting ready to go to bed so that I can get up and shower before my 2:30am departure from Philadelphia. We will all drive to New York and at JFK we will get on a plane to Johannesburg, South Africa. After the short 15 hour flight we will take another flight to Antananarivo, Madagascar and arrive by afternoon on Wednesday. After our afternoon staging event I can tell you three things.

1. I know nothing. But I will learn during training and on the job all of the important things to making it in Mada. But really this is an entire new life adventure and I will be experiencing so many new things that I will have to learn a lot every day.

2. I am not alone. I have to tell you it was comforting to sit and a room and realize that the same fears and hopes are in the heads of most of the people there. We will get through the stress and get to enjoy our adventure together!

3. I am so scared and ready for this I can barely breath. I have been talking about the Peace Corps for years and Madagascar specifically for months and the fact that it is finally real is crazy. But it is a crazy I am so ready for. The knot in my stomach has butterflies and is the greatest uncomfortable feeling I have ever had.

I know this is a short one but I will try to post again soon. For everyone I didn't get to talk to I love you! And a special bit of love for my mom, dad, sister, brother-in-law, and my soon to be nephew! I will miss you all like crazy but I'll come back a stronger, better person.

Love you all heaps!
Chloe

No comments:

Post a Comment